When World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic opens the Dark Portal to Outland on June 1st, Classic players will embark once again or for the first time on an epic adventure spanning the remnants of a world devastated by the demonic Burning Legion. While the primary focus of WoW’s first expansion in 2007 was the level 60 to 70 experience on Outland, Blizzard also began the process of streamlining leveling to 60 on Azeroth and introducing game life improvements.
These are the Azeroth related changes implemented during The Burning Crusade patch cycle. Complete patch notes (including details on dungeon and raid changes) are available online. Unless otherwise announced by Blizzard, these changes are expected to be implemented in the same order in The Burning Crusade Classic.
- You can now interact with wanted posters while mounted.
- Using abilities and casting spells that cannot be used while mounted will now auto-dismount players as needed. This can be disabled by turning off the auto-dismount option in the UI options.
- New Flight Points
- Felwood, Emerald Sanctuary (Both)
- Ashenvale, Forest Song (Alliance)
- New Flight Paths
- Stormwind <-> Thorium Point
- Grom’gol Base Camp <-> Flame Crest
- Ratchet <-> Gadgetzan, Astranaar, Brackenwall Village
- Brackenwall Village <-> Ratchet, Camp Taurajo, Freewind Post
- Thunderbluff <-> Zoram’gar Outpost
- Many flight paths have been adjusted to be shorter, faster flights.
- Several flight paths which clipped through objects have been adjusted.
- Some boats now have a bell that they ring when they arrive at the dock (undocumented)
- Changed the layout of the sleeping gryphons at the Menethil Harbor flight point (undocumented)
- Any mail between characters on the same account is now instant regardless of money or items attached. (undocumented)
- Any mail sent from a character on a different account will now have a one hour delay regardless of money or items attached. (undocumented)
- In the “Bad Medicine” quest in Stranglethorn, Jungle Remedies can now be found on Jungle Fighters.
- In Hillsbrad, additional Syndicate Papers were added to the Corahn’s Dagger subzone Syndicate camp.
- The following old-world factions have had their acquisition rate significantly increased: Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold.
- Adjusted Yowler’s level down to 20 (from 25).
- Adjusted the level of Redridge Bashers and Alphas.
- Markaru: This creature is now skinnable.
- Added a new graveyard to the Southern Barrens.
- Added a new graveyard to the Western Plaguelands.
- Added a new graveyard to the Alterac Mountains.
- Added a new graveyard to the Searing Gorge.
- Added a new graveyard to the Badlands.
- Added two new graveyards to Tanaris.
- Added two new graveyards to Winterspring.
- Added two new graveyards to Stonetalon Mountains.
- Added two new graveyards to Un’Goro Crater.
- Guild Banks introduced
- Dustwallow Marsh has seen many improvements
- Over 50 new quests
- New neutral goblin town called Mudsprocket located in the southern part of the zone.
- New small quest hub featuring a crashed goblin zeppelin, to the east of Tabetha’s hut.
- The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60.
- The amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
- Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
- Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play.
- A new Alliance flight path has been added to the Rebel Camp in northern Stranglethorn Vale.
- Vendor Discounts: All vendors with an associate faction now give discounts at all levels above neutral.
- Friendly: 5% discount
- Honored: 10% discount
- Revered: 15% discount
- Exalted: 20% discount
- An Azure Whelp pet now drops from the blue dragonkin in Azshara.
- If you are seated and try to use abilities that require you to be standing, you will stand up and use them.
- All old world dungeons have had their loot revisited. Players will now find that all loot dropped inside instances will be of Superior (blue) quality.
- Lockboxes will now display the numerical lock picking skill required to open them.
- The Auction house time periods have been changed. Now items can be put up for sale for 12, 24, or 48 hours. The option to put up items for 8 hours has been removed.
- All players now have a tracking bubble on their mini-map. From that menu you can select a specific type of vendor or NPC to look for or you can select a specific tracking type if your character has tracking.
- Game objects that you can interact with will now sparkle and display their name over the object to make them more obvious.
- Quest giving objects will now display an exclamation point above them when they have a quest for you. Quest completion objects will display a question mark.
- You can now send up to 12 items in a single mail message.
- When you have an outgoing mail open, you can right-click on items to attach them to that outgoing mail.
- When you have a trade window open, you can right-click an item to move it to the trade window.
- When you have unopened mail, you can mouse over the recent mail icon and get the name of the people who most recently sent you the mail.
- When you speak with an NPC with a single function (Banker, Flight Master, etc.) and who has no other gossip options or quests you will go straight to their functional pane rather than to the gossip pane. Most importantly this means that clicking on a flight master will bring up the flight path map directly rather than the gossip pane with the option to bring up the flight path map.
- Quests that are much below your level will now have the tag (Low Level) in the gossip pane attached to the quest. This will make it easier to tell which quest to accept when a quest giver has both low and high level quests.
- NPCs with level appropriate quests will now always appear on your mini-map as yellow exclamation points. NPC’s that have quests that you have completed will now display as yellow question marks instead of yellow dots. In addition flight masters that you have not yet gotten the flight point for will display on the mini-map as a green exclamation point.
- NPCs will display an icon on mouseover that gives a more specific indicator of their function rather than just a gossip bubble.
- Quest givers will now show an exclamation mark as their in game mouseover.
- Innkeepers will show a hearthstone as their in game mouseover and so on.
- Stranglethorn Vale Saltscale Tide Lords no longer have Frost Nova.
- The fear on Mosh-ogg Lords is reduced.
- Lowered the fireball damage of Defias Pillagers.
- Increased the cooldowns on the heals of Kurzen Medicine Men.
- Increased the slots on Old Blanchy’s Feed Pouch to 8.
- The Ratchet bank now has access to the Guild Vault.
- A mailbox has been added to the inn in Darnassus.
- Most Main-Hand weapons are now One-Hand weapons.
- Items that enchant other items no longer have tradeskill requirements (Mithril Spurs, Shield Spikes, Weapon Chains, etc.).
- Mailboxes can now be tracked on the mini-map.
- Apprentice Riding and mounts are now available at level 30. Training costs 35.
- Blood Elf flightmasters outside of Silvermoon City and Tranquillien have traded in their bats for glorious fire-breathing dragonhawks.
- Winterspring Ice Thistle Matriarchs and Patriarchs may now drop Thick Yeti Fur.
- Skinning any Winterspring Ice Thistle yetis may now result in Thick Yeti Fur.
- Increased the drop rate of Pristine Yeti Horns from Winterspring Ice Thistle Matriarchs and Patriarchs.
- Wastewander Bandits and Rogues should be more plentiful in the northern parts of Tanaris.
Thank you for visiting Deep In The Keep. If you found this article interesting or entertaining, please click Like below, and consider entering an email address to receive notification of new articles.